The TB-HIV and diabetes late-breaker session
Submissions will open 20 June
The World Health Organization HIV Department in collaboration with the HIV section of The Union is pleased to announce the TB-HIV late-breaker session at the 48th Union World Conference on Lung Health in Guadalajara, Mexico.
For the first time we also include diabetes as an increasingly relevant co-morbidity of TB, though the emphasis will be maintained on TB/HIV.
All aspects of TB-HIV including basic and clinical science, epidemiology, health care delivery, public health, economic modelling as well as social, behavioural, psychosocial, and educational aspects are welcomed for presentation during the late-breaker session.
In keeping with the spirit of a late-breaker session we request that only new, innovative, and significant findings that have occurred as of 1 May 2017, or for which information has just become available, be submitted for the late-breaker presentations in the form of an abstract.
The abstract should be:
- Submitted online from 20 June 2017 to be considered for review
- In English
- Restricted to 300 words
- Include background, methods, results, and conclusions
- One table or one figure may be included with the abstract
- Submitted by 20 July 2017
Abstracts may NOT be submitted by email or any other alternative method.
The late-breaker session will consist of eight oral presentations of ten minutes each, followed by five minutes of questions. The presentations will be selected from the abstracts submitted by the deadline mentioned above. Persons submitting the abstracts will be notified of acceptance or rejection of their abstracts by 2 August 2017.
A small number of travel grants are available for presenters of accepted abstracts who require funding to attend the conference. If you intend to request support, an indication of your desire and rationale for consideration for a travel grant must be submitted online together with the abstract. The reviewing committee will be blinded to the request for travel funds.
Submissions should include a confirmation of the following points:
- The work has not been previously submitted for consideration to the general portion of The Union Conference
- The date by which the work and analysis was mostly completed
- A request and rationale for travel support to be uploaded online if so desired
- The address, phone and e-mail address where the author may be contacted during the week of 2 August 2017.